|Enter Date||Spot Price of India VIX||Expected Spot Price of India VIX|
How to use Theoretical Futures Price Calculator
The fair value of equity futures is computed using the cost-of carry relationship between the futures and the underlying stock index. However, since India VIX index represents volatility there is no carry between India VIX futures and India VIX. Therefore the fair value of India VIX is derived from the term structure of average variance rate.
While India VIX is expected volatility over 30 days from the current day, India VIX futures is expected volatility over 30 days from expiry.
Using the Theoretical Futures Prices Tool
- Theoretical futures price can be computed for any day from September 29, 2009 till current day
- On selecting the date, the tool shall display the latest India VIX price for the selected day
- Users can change the expected India VIX spot price. The expected spot price can be entered upto 4 decimals with tick value of 0.0025
- On clicking “calculate” the tool shall compute the theoretical futures price for India VIX
- Theoretical futures price shall be computed for three weekly contracts expiring on Tuesday
- The futures price is quoted as 100 times the Index Value. For example if expected India VIX price on expiry is 16.3275, the user shall quote 1632.75 as futures price for trading.
|Enter Date||NIFTY 50 Index||% Change||INDIA VIX Index||% Change|
The volatility comparison tool has been provided to facilitate investors to know the trends in historical volatility, implied volatility and India VIX
About the tool
- Historical volatility is standard deviation of daily returns of Nifty close price over a period of 10 day, 20 day, 30 day
- Implied volatility of Call, Put Nifty options is computed based on the last trade prices of select OTM strikes for the respective days. Implied volatility is computed using Black-Scholes model
- The historical volatility and implied volatilities are shown before 1 week and before 2 weeks from current day
- 52 week high and 52 low of respective volatilities are also displayed
The information contained in this page, including text, graphics, links or other items are provided on an as is, as available basis. NSE does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of this information and material and expressly disclaims liability for errors or omissions in this information and material. No warranty of any kind, implied, express or statutory, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose is given in conjunction with the information and materials. In no event will NSE be liable for any damages, including without limitation direct or indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, losses or expenses arising in connection with this information or use thereof or inability to use by any party, or in connection with any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, even if NSE, or representatives thereof, are advised of the possibility of such damages, losses or expenses.
Find us at the office
Darmofal- Broderick street no. 11, 88736 Vatican City, Vatican City
Give us a ring
+90 293 316 242
Mon - Fri, 8:00-14:00