NAV as on 31 Aug 202195.88590.88 (0.93%)
Fund Key Highlights
1. The Current Net Asset Value of the SBI Small Cap Fund as of 31 Aug 2021 is Rs 95.8859 for Growth option of its Regular plan.
2. Its trailing returns over different time periods are: 86.29% (1yr), 23.35% (3yr), 21.73% (5yr) and 20.77% (since launch). Whereas, Category returns for the same time duration are: 104.11% (1yr), 19.76% (3yr) and 17.08% (5yr).
Show More +
Things you should consider
Investors understand that their principal will be at Very High risk.
Annualized return for the last 3 years
Suggested Investment Horizon
Average time taken to double the money since inception
Fund NAV Range
Current vs Stated Allocation
Enter investment amount:
Only one asset can be added for purpose of comparison
Evaluate your investment performance
Top 5 Peer Comparison
SBI Small Cap Fund
SBI Small Cap Fund is an open-ended Equity mutual fund scheme that follows the small cap asset allocation investment strategy. The fund currently manages assets worth of Rs. 2,255 rore as on July 31, 2019
The investment objective of the fund is to provide investors with opportunities for long-term growth in capital along with the liquidity of an open-ended scheme by investing predominantly in a well-diversified basket of equity stocks of small cap companies, according to SBI Mutual Fund.
“SBI Small Cap Fund follows a blend of growth and value style of investing with bottom-up investment strategy for stock selection. Also, the fund invests a minimum of 65% in small cap stocks. Apart from that, the fund has the flexibility to invest up to 35% exposure in other equities (including large and mid cap companies) and/or debt and money market instruments,” according to SBI Mutual Fund.
Minimum investment required is Rs 5000, and minimum additional investment is Rs 1,000. Minimum SIP investment is Rs 500.
SBI Small Cap Fund is managed by R. Srinivasan, who has been managing the fund since November 2013.
The suggested investment horizon for investing in SBI Small Cap Fund is three years and above. According to SBI Mutual Fund, the fund is suitable for investors with moderate high risk tolerance.
1. SBI Small Cap Fund is Open-ended Small Cap Equity scheme which belongs to SBI Mutual Fund House.
2. The fund was launched on Sep 09, 2009.
Investment objective & Benchmark
1. The investment objective of the fund is that The scheme seeks to provide investors with opportunities for long-term growth in capital along with the liquidity of an open-ended scheme by investing predominantly in a well diversified basket of equity stocks of small cap companies.
2. It is benchmarked against S&P BSE Small Cap Index.
Asset Allocation & Portfolio Composition
1. The asset allocation of the fund comprises around 97.09% in equities, 0.0% in debts and 2.91% in cash & cash equivalents.
2. While the top 10 equity holdings constitute around 32.21% of the assets, the top 3 sectors constitute around 40.59% of the assets.
3. The fund largely follows a Growth oriented style of investing and invests across market capitalisations - around 0.0% in giant & large cap companies, 43.91% in mid cap and 56.09% in small cap companies.
1. Gains are taxed at a rate of 15% (Short-term Capital Gain Tax - STCG) if units are redeemed within 1 year of investment.
2. For units redeemed after 1 year of investment, gains of upto Rs. 1 lakh accruing from those units in a financial year shall be exempted from tax.
3. Gains of more than Rs. 1 lakh will be taxed at a rate of 10% (Long-term Capital Gain Tax - LTCG).
4. For Dividend Distribution Tax, the dividend income from this fund will get added to the income of an investor and taxed according to his/her respective tax slabs.
5. Also, for dividend income in excess of Rs 5,000 in a financial year; the fund house shall deduct a TDS of 10% on such income.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is it safe to invest in SBI Small Cap Fund?
A: As per SEBI’s latest guidelines to calculate risk grades, investment in the SBI Small Cap Fund comes under Very High risk category.
Q: What is the category of SBI Small Cap Fund?
A: SBI Small Cap Fund belongs to the Equity: Small Cap category of funds.
Q: How Long should I Invest in SBI Small Cap Fund?
A: The suggested investment horizon of investing into SBI Small Cap Fund is >3 years. The suggested investment horizon is the minimum time required for holding investments in the fund to reduce its downside risk and ensure that the returns become more predictable.
Q: Who manages the SBI Small Cap Fund?
A: The SBI Small Cap Fund is managed by R. Srinivasan (Since Nov 16, 2013).
Find us at the office
Darmofal- Broderick street no. 11, 88736 Vatican City, Vatican City
Give us a ring
+90 293 316 242
Mon - Fri, 8:00-14:00